<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 14, 2003 - Apache Junction, Arizona, USA

THE FEELING ~ THAT THING



I remember the first time.
She was sitting in front of me,
laughing with her friends.
She turned and looked at me.
Her eyes caught mine
and for a simple second
nothing else mattered
except the fact that she was there.
There with me.
Close enough for me to touch
had I been brave enough.

The feeling, that thing between us,
lasted four years until she moved away
and I never saw her again.
It was like she died.
When I heard she was gone,
I buried her within my heart
so I could bring her back
whenever I wanted to.
Whenever I needed her.

I learned later
that feeling, that thing,
it had a name ~
LOVE.

There were other times
that feeling, that thing
came upon me.
Not very often though.
Sometimes I thought it was there
but it wasn't.
The real thing was hard to find.
When it came it always surprised me.
Sometimes with boys, a man,
sometimes with girls, a woman.


The feeling, that thing,
it couldn't distinguish between sexes.
I didn't notice a difference.
It was always the same
while they were with me.
And when they were gone,

I cried like they had died
and buried them in my heart
so I could bring them back
whenever I wanted to.
Whenever I needed them.

Boy or girl,
man or woman,
the feeling, that thing,
it was the same ~
LOVE.

You've experienced it,
the feeling, that thing.
It has a name for you too ~
LOVE.

Am I really that different from you?


©2003 Marcia Ellen "Happy" Beevre
# posted by Marcia Ellen @ 7:24 AM
Comments: Post a Comment

.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?